Privacy and Security Policy
Doorway to College Foundation may collect personal information about our customers through various contacts. Doorway to College Foundation chooses how to share that personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some, but not all sharing. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we share.
The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the product or service you have with us. The information may include payment and transaction history, including method of payment.
From time to time, all companies may need to share customers' information to run their everyday business. Below we list the reasons that companies share that information and how Doorway to College Foundation chooses to protect our customers and limit sharing.
- For our everyday business purposes, such as processing transactions, maintaining your account (if any), responding to court orders and legal investigations: Doorway to College Foundation shares this information. Per Federal Law, you cannot restrict us from this type of sharing.
- For our internal marketing purposes, such as offering you additional products and services: Doorway to College Foundation shares this information internally. You cannot limit this sharing, however you can opt out of receiving additional directed solicitations.
- For external marketing purposes: Doorway to College Foundation does NOT share any personal information with other companies for marketing purposes.
- For related companies' everyday business purposes, such as companies with common ownership (parent and sister companies) and/or affiliated companies that we routinely do business with: Doorway to College Foundation does share this information. Per Federal Law, you cannot restrict us from this type of sharing.
- For related companies' marketing purposes: Doorway to College Foundation shares data for marketing and research purposes with companies we are related with. Federal law gives you the right to limit this type of sharing.
- For non-related companies' marketing purposes: Doorway to College Foundation does NOT share data for marketing purposes. Federal law gives you the right to limit this type of sharing.
How do I limit the sharing of my information?
Call Toll Free, 1-877-927-8378 or email email@example.com. Please note: If you are a new customer, we can begin sharing your information 30 days from the date we publish this notice. When you are no longer our customer, we continue to share your information as described in this notice. You can contact us at any time to limit sharing.
Contact us at 1-877-927-8378 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Doorway to College Foundation is located at 3106 Rochester Ave, Iowa City, IA 52245. You may send inquiries to:
Doorway to College Foundation, Inc.
3106 Rochester Ave.
Iowa City, Iowa 52245
Who does this notice cover?
How does Doorway to College Foundation protect consumers' personal information?
To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings. We restrict access to your personal information to only those employees who need to know. We require all companies with whom we share information to keep it confidential.
How does Doorway to College Foundation collect my personal information?
Doorway to College Foundation requests name and address information from nonaffiliated schools and organizations that have agreed to let us conduct seminars and workshops in their buildings. We use that raw data to mail information about our seminars to the parents or guardians of the students who match our target demographic. We also collect your personal information through your interactions with our website and phone conversations with our staff.
Why can't I limit all sharing?
Federal law gives you the right to limit only the following:
- Sharing for affiliates' everyday business purposes regarding creditworthiness
- Using your information for affiliates to market to you
- Sharing with non-affiliates for marketing purposes
What are related or affiliated companies?
Companies related by common ownership or control are related or affiliated companies.
What are nonrelated or nonaffiliated companies?
Companies that do not share common ownership or control are nonrelated companies. Examples of such companies that Doorway to College Foundation does business with include, but are not limited to, our financial institution(s), including our bank and merchant card processor, and companies or individuals we hire to deliver our seminars. Your student's school is a non-related institution. We are not affiliated with any school system, public or private.
Does Doorway to College Foundation retain my credit card or bank account data?
Doorway to College Foundation neither collects nor retains your personal credit card numbers and bank account data. When we process your credit card, it is an example of information that is shared with an affiliated company, our merchant account processor. We have established a merchant account through VANCO Payment Solutions. You can contact VANCO directly at 1690 W. Richland Avenue, Aiken, SC 29801; or by calling toll free, 1-866-944-0055. You can also visit them at http://vancopayments.com/.
How do I know my website transaction is secure?
Information collected on the website for payment processing is handled by VANCO Payment Solutions. We have worked with them to ensure that information is collected securely through Secure Socket Layers (SSL) technology and state-of-the-art encryption and site-validation certificates.