Supporting the Transition to Higher Education
As a 501(c)(3) public charity, Doorway to College Foundation’s primary mission is preparing students for their transition to higher education, whether they choose a community college or a selective university. Every day, we strive to inspire students to take control of the college admissions process. We work to spark each student’s enthusiasm for college prep early on so they begin to build the foundation for their dreams.
Working directly with schools, our goal is to arm young scholars and their families with solid strategies to achieve competitive scores and succeed in the transition from high school to higher education.
Study Skills Preparation
- StudySmart! classes
- e-books on ACT and SAT test-taking tips, study skills, playing sports in college, the college-application process, and more
- ZAPS ACT Test Prep (live virtual, in person, or recorded seminars)
- ZAPS SAT Test Prep (live virtual, in person, or recorded seminars)
- ZAPS PSAT Test Prep (live virtual, in person, or recorded seminars)
- We work with schools, students, and parents alike to offer the best test preparation in the nation
- Our customer service team can help your student sign up for an individual seminar, or our partnership staff can help with establishing a dedicated seminar for your school
- Kickstart to College series: guidance in preliminary screening of students’ higher-education preferences, with a focus on matching individual characteristics and needs with the known distinguishing characteristics of each college and university
- Guidance for preparing admission applications and required essays
- Assistance with making a final decision between available higher-education options
- eBooks are available for student athletes, offering four distinct areas of knowledge and planning
Promoting Access and Opportunity
Are you a school administrator or counselor? In our mission to provide partnerships with educators across the nation, we have two flexible pathways that give your staff credentials, options for online learning, and most importantly - provide the highest opportunity for access:
Trained Educator Program
- We'll certify your staff to become a ZAPS instructor, giving you all the tools you need for success
- Once trained, your staff can administer ZAPS curriculum at your own time, at your own pace, in your own space. We'll supply the workbooks your students will need, and can deliver directly to each students' doorsteps or directly to your school
Subscription-Based Seminar Recordings for Schools
- As student needs and schedules change, it can be difficult to find time to provide test preparation in a school setting. We have the solution: we'll create a unique, password-protected webpage your students can access whenever they have time at their computers. They'll be able to work through all of our ACT or PSAT/SAT seminars at their own pace. Schools will elect their subscription duration and number of workbooks needed - ask our staff for access to a demonstration page to learn more
We invite you to join us as we strive to make our mission a reality. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.